PIROVAC (43° 49'N; 15° 40'E), village (pop. 1,513 in 1991) and small harbour in the SE part of Pirovacki zaljev.
Approach: Landmarks: round green tower with a column (green light) on the L-shaped part of the quay, which can be seen over the low point some 400m W of the harbour and the belfry in the town. Care should be taken of the islet of Sustipanac (ruins) in the middle of Pirovacki zaljev. West of the harbour is a shoal.
Mooring: The harbour is sheltered from all winds except the westerlies, which cause a sea in it. Yachts drawing up to 2m can moor along the L-shaped pier or along the quay near the harbour light. There is a good anchorage for small vessels W of the harbour; care should be taken of the submarine cable extending between Sv Jure point and the opposite side of the bay. The harbour is not recommended for a longer stay during the sirocco or W winds.
Warning: Mooring is prohibited on part of the waterfront.
Facilities: Post office and medical service. Several hotels. Provisions (supermarket) and water from a hydrant available. Fuel at the petrol station near the Adriatic highway. A motel is also situated near the highway.
Sights: Sections of a defense wall (1505), Gospa od Karmela church (Our Lady of Carmel 1506, reconstructed in the Baroque style in 18 C); on the islet of Sustipanac remains of Roman buildings and the ruins of a monastery dating from 1511; near the village of Dazlin is Sopalj forest a nature reserve.