CRIKVENICA (45° 10.4'N; 14° 42'E), town (pop. 5,763 in 1991), harbour and tourist centre of Vinodolsko primorje on the estuary of the Dubracina stream.
Approach: Landmarks: the white viaduct above the town, hotel buildings on a hill above the NW part of the town, and the green rectangular tower with a column (green light) on the head of the breakwater.
When entering the harbour care should be taken of the shoal extending NW of the breakwater, marked by two cylindrical red buoys: the buoys should be left to port and the breakwater to starboard. Do not navigate between the buoys and the mainland. Another shoal extends SE of the head of the breakwater. It is marked by a green conical buoy. Do not navigate between the buoy and the head of the breakwater.
Mooring: The harbour is sheltered from all winds except W and SW winds, which cause a swell. The bora from N blows in gusts and is strongest at the head of the breakwater. The anchorage off the harbour is exposed to all winds, especially the bora, and should be avoided. Small craft can moor alongside the inner side of the breakwater or, using the four-point moor, between the breakwater and the mole.
Some 100 m from the estuary of the Dubracina stream there is Podvorska small harbour where smaller yachts can moor; depth 34 m; winter berthing on the mainland. Crane (4 t); electricity and water (hydrants) hook-ups.
Facilities: Harbour master's branch office, post office, a number of hotels and other tourist facilities and shops, a thalassotherapy clinic, medical service, chemist's.
Val Sailing Club. Diving Club and sailing school.
Provisions can be obtained in the town, water from the hydrant in the harbour, fuel at the pump in the ferry harbour.
Repairs of wooden and plastic yachts. Boat engine repairs: Automehanika AMD and a private workshop. Diving cylinders can be refilled here.
Car-ferry line: Crikvenica - Silo (Island of Krk).
Sights: Kastel (Castle 1412, later reconstructions; at one time housed the Pauline monastery), Uznesenje Marijino church (The Assumption of the Virgin, 1659). Drivenik (castle ruins) 11 km. Bribir (castle of the Frankopan; parish church, 1740; art collection) 9 km.