KRALJEVICA (45° 16'N; 14° 34'E), small town (pop. 2,987 in 1991) and harbour on S side of Bakar Bay between Fortica and Ostro points.
Approach: Landmarks: the old church belfry on Ostro point and castle on Fortica point; church belfry; hospital building on N shore; round green buoy (green light topped by cone) anchored NW of Ostro point at depth of 20 m; harbour light. South of Kraljevica the Krk Bridge links the island of Krk with the mainland.
Mooring: Beside the S shore of the harbour and the shore in front of the Frankopan castle vessels can use four-point moor or can lie with four-point moor north of the quay in Drazica cove. Smaller vessels can moor in Carevo cove N of the quay but here they are exposed to bora and maestral.
Facilities: Harbour master's branch office, post office, hospital for bone tuberculosis and paraplegics, medical service, banks, chemist's, hotels and hotel settlement, camp for motorists, a number of private restaurants.
Fuel at the petrol station on the Adriatic highway (700 m), water from the shore hydrants.
North of the quay is a small slip and crane (3 t). The Kraljevica shipyard can carry out repairs of all kinds. Ostro Sailing Club.
Sights: The old Zrinski castle (first half 17 C, two courtyards), the new Frankopan castle (about 1650 with corner towers), Sv Nikola church (St Nicholas, 16 C, storage buildings, from 1790 church).