MALINSKA - ISLAND OF KRK
MALINSKA (45° 08'N; 14° 32'E), village (pop. 999 in 1991) and seaside resort on the W coast of Krk.
Approach: Landmarks: the green spar surmounted by a cone marking the shoal on the SW side of the entrance should be left to starboard; the red tower with a column and gallery (red light) on the head of the mole; the white tower with a column and gallery (red light) in front of the Haludovo hotel complex.
Mooring: The harbour is exposed to NW winds, which cause a swell in it; in the summer they are usually shortlasting storms. Smaller vessels can moor on both sides of the pier and along the mole in the S part of the harbour and the quay E of the pier (depth 2 m). About 300m NW of the pier is a 100m long breakwater under construction. The end of the breakwater is marked by a red buoy. The best anchorage is about 0.5 M west-southwest of the harbour (depths 2545 m).
Facilities: Harbour master's branch office, post office, several hotels and restaurants, shops, tourist office, medical service, chemist's. Lastavica Fishing Club and Dub Sailing Club.
Water from the hydrant on the E waterfront; fuel in the harbour.
In the immediate vicinity of the harbour is the Haludovo hotel complex with a small harbour for smaller vessels (a hoist and slipways). It is used mainly by hotel guests.
There is a slipway and a hoist for smaller vessels. The boatyard makes and repairs the wood panelling on smaller yachts and speedboats.
Sights in the neighbouring villages. Porat the Franciscan monastery (15 C) with Sv Marija Magdalena church. Dubasnica the belfry of a dilapidated church (1618). Bogovici the chapel of Majka Bozja Karmelska (Our Lady of Carmel, 1644). Zgombici Sv Andrija church (St Andrew, 15 C). Strilcici the ruins of Sv Nikola church (St Nicholas, Gothic).