BRIJESTA (42° 54.2'N; 17° 32'E), village (pop. 130 in 1991) in the cove of the same name on the N side of the Peljesac Peninsula.
Approach: Brijesta may be identified by the white tower with a balcony exhibiting a white light on Blaca point and by the old tower and the belfry at the head of the cove.
Mooring: The cove is protected (partly by a string of islets) from all winds and affords good shelter to yachts of all sizes. A good anchorage ground for larger yachts is situated about 700 m SSE from Blaca point (depths 1723 m). Smaller yachts can anchor in the inner part of the cove. During the bora yachts at anchor are well advised to secure their lines on the NE shore.
Provisions and water in limited supply.
Sights: Defence tower built 1617 for protection against pirates; Baroque chapel of Sv Liberan (St Liberanus) at the cemetery.