GRADAC (43° 06'N; 17° 21'E), village (pop. 1,196 in 1991) and small harbour NW of Ploce harbour. Known for the largest and most beautiful beach in the area.
Approach: Landmarks include the steeple of the church and the red iron tower (light no longer in operation) at the head of the Lshaped breakwater.
Mooring: The harbour is sheltered from all winds but open to waves raised by the sirocco. Untenable during S winds; currents running with considerable strength make it difficult to enter the harbour in such conditions. Yachts drawing up to 3m can moor at the inner end of the breakwater. Due to the confined space inside the harbour it is advisivble to use the four-point moor. Good anchorage ground for larger yachts in front of the harbour, somewhat to the S (depths 2530 m). During the sirocco yachts should weigh and seek shelter (anchor) in Bosac cove NNW of the Gradac harbour.
Facilities: Post office and medical service. Provisions, water and fuel.
Sights: Remains of a Roman wall; two-storey tower built as a defence against the Turks (1661).