OREBIC (42° 58.5'N; 17° 11'E), small town (pop. 1,489 in 1991) in the Peljeski kanal. Popular tourist resort.
Approach: Landmarks: the green square tower with a column exhibiting a green light on the head of the long breakwater and the buildings of the hotel complex.
Mooring: In the SE part of the harbour the local Peliska Jedra Sailing Club maintains a yacht harbour with 240 berths. About 30 of them are available to passing yachts. Most of them are situated alongside the breakwater in the E part of the harbour. The depth ranges from 2.53.5 m. The entrance is marked by marker-buoys.
Facilities: Post office, hotels, a hotel complex, restaurants, medical service, chemist's. Sandy beaches. The harbour master's branch office for the area is located at Korcula.
Provisions at local shops, water from the main, fuel at the petrol station in the town.
Car-ferry line: Orebic - Dominca (Island of Korcula).
Sights: Pomorski muzej (Maritime Museum) and two private collections at the homes of the families (sea captains) Zupa and Fiskovic. In the surroundings: hill-forts and tombs dating from prehistoric times; remnants of a Roman villa rustica; the Franciscan monastery (1470, in Gothic-Renaissance transitional style); Gospa od Andjela church (Our Lady of the Angels, with Renaissance marble reliefs, with adjoining cemetery and interesting gravestones of Orebic seamen). Above the town in the hamlet Karmen (elevation 178 m), Gospa od Karmena church (Our Lady of Karmen, Gothic, renovated in Baroque style), surrounded by Roman sarcophagi and old cypress-trees; further on the ruins of the Rector's residence and a Loggia.