MILNA (43° 20'N; 16° 27'N), village (pop. 875 in 1991) at the head of the cove of the same in the W coast of Brac.
Approach: Landmarks: the white square stone tower exhibiting a red light on Bijaka point, the white metal tower with a column exhibiting a green light on the islet of Mrduja and the belfry at the head of the cove.
Mooring: The bora, hitting the harbour from the E, is strongly felt. The sirocco and south-westerlies also blow with violence but do not raise a heavy sea. Only the outer part of the cove is exposed to N and NW winds. Yachts can lie at the quay (depths 2.5 5m alongside). During strong north-westerlies yachts are recommended to use the four-point moor or anchor in the inner part of the cove, which affords axcellent all-round shelter. A good anchorage ground for larger vessels is situated in the middle of the outer part of the cove (depth 1830 m). Smaller yachts can anchor off Bijak point.
Anchorage is prohibited in the harbour entrance.
Facilities: Harbour master's branch office, post office, medical service, fish-cannery.
Food supplies in shops. Water; fuel at the petrol station on the waterfront.
Repairs. The Brodoremont shipyard for smaller craft (up to 30m in length) undertakes minor repairs to hulls and engines (situated on the S shore of the inlet; slipways).
Sights: Gospa od Blagovijesti (Our Lady of the Annunciation) church, 1783, baroque interior and liturgical objects.
MILNA MARINA (ACY) is situated at the end of the SE inlet, opposite the village (depth 2.5 6.0 m).
Capacity: 270 sea-berths alongside the E and SW shore and at the 4 floating fingers; dry-berths for 30 vessels; electricity, telephone and water hook-ups.
The marina operates the year round.
It has reception office, restaurant, snack-bar, shop and dutyfree shop, laundry, toilets and showers with hot water; rental of sports equipment (excursions by sailing boats can be arranged); fuel at the petrol station.
Crane (10 t) and slipway. Maintenance and repairs in the boatyard. Safe-keeping of yachts during the winter season. Storage of yachting equipment.