POSTIRA (43° 23'N; 16° 38'E), village (pop. 1,287 in 1991) and small harbour on the N coast of the island of Brac.
Approach: The square masonry tower with a red cupola exhibiting a red light situated on the breakwater and the belfry in the town are conspicuous.
Mooring: The harbour is exposed only to N and NW winds which cause a moderate sea in it. Smaller yachts drawing up to 3m can berth at the breakwater or use the Mediterranean (four-point moor). In the S part of the harbour there is a slipway for boats.
Facilities: Post office, medical service and a fish cannery with its own fleet. Provisions and water.
Sights: Sv Ivan Krstitelj church (St John the Baptist, fortified apse, reconstructed 1776). At Lovrecina cove the ruins of an early Christian basilica (56 C). Roman finds and quarries in the Rasohe area.