SPLITSKA (43° 23'N; 16° 36'E), village (pop. 252 in 1991) in the cove of Zastup on the N coast of the island of Brac.
Approach: Landmarks include the red tower exhibiting a red light situated on the E entrance point and the belfry.
Mooring: Small yachts can anchor in the middle of the cove (pinewoods). Yachts should weigh and put to see at the first sign of northerly winds (tramontana). Anchorage is prohibited off its W part on account of an underwater cable.
Facilities: General store, restaurant and cafi in the village.
Sights: Uznesenje Marijino church (Assumption of the Virgin Mary, 1228, renovated in Baroque style), the Cerineo castle (1577). Above the village there are quarries which supplied stone for the construction of Diocletian's Palace in Split.
Skrip, village (pop. 219), cyclopean masonry walls from Illyrian times; Roman remains; the Cerineo castle from 1618; the Baroque Sv Jelena church (St Helen); in the cemetery the Romanesque Sv Duh chapel (Holy Spirit) from 11/12 C; the Radojkovic castle housing the Museum of the Island of Brac (Muzej otoka Braca) with a collection of exhibits and documents from Brac 3km inland.